How to report a concern

Reporting your concerns about the welfare of a child or young person.


Safeguarding is everyone's responsibility. If you are worried about a child it is important that you report your concerns - no action is not an option.


i. If you are worried about a child then you need to report your concerns to the Club Welfare Officer: Wendy Wright


ii. If the issue is one of poor practice the Club Welfare Officer will either:

• deal with the matter themselves or

• seek advice from the CFA Welfare Officer (link)


iii. If the concern is more serious - possible child abuse, where possible, contact the CFA Welfare Officer first, then immediately contact the Police or Children's Services


iv. If the child needs immediate medical treatment take them to a hospital or call an ambulance and tell them this is a child protection concern. Let your Club Welfare Officer know what action you have taken, they in turn will inform the CFA Welfare Officer.


v. If at any time you are not able to contact your Club Welfare Officer or the matter is clearly serious then you can either:

• contact your CFA Welfare Officer directly

• contact the Police or Children's Services

• call The FA/NSPCC 24 hour Helpline for advice on 0808 800 5000 or Deaf users text phone 0800 056 0566